Ontario invited 190 immigration candidates with work experience in 14 skilled trades’ occupations in its latest Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream draw that was conducted on April 29.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued the invitations or Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates with work experience in the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes:
- Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters (NOC 7235)
- Ironworkers (NOC 7236)
- Electricians (NOC 7235)
- Electrical power line and cable workers (NOC 7244)
- Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers (NOC 7252)
- Carpenters (NOC 7271)
- Concrete finishers (NOC 7282)
- Roofers (NOC 7291)
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302)
- Heavy-duty equipment mechanics (NOC 7312)
- Refrigeration and AC mechanics (NOC 7313)
- Machine fitters (NOC 7316)
- Elevator constructors and mechanics (NOC 7381)
- Crane operators (NOC 7371)
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) allows the province to invite prospective immigrants with the skills and experience targeted by the province for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence.
In order to apply & receive invite through Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream, candidates need to first have valid profiles in Canada’s Express Entry system.
Successful candidates who receive a nomination from Ontario are awarded an additional 600 points toward their overall Comprehensive Rankings System (CRS) score. This would effectively increase their chances to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in a subsequent federal Express Entry draw.
OINP has conducted four draws so far this year and has issued total 1,440 invitations to candidates in the Human Capital Priorities Stream and 242 to candidates in the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream.
Find out if you are eligible for Canadian immigration!!
To find out if you’re eligible for immigration to Canada, simply complete our FREE ASSESSMENT FORM ! A member of the WWICS team will review your eligibility and contact you to discuss your options to immigrate to Canada!