FSWP EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW #240: February 2, 2023
Canada invited 3,300 Express Entry candidates to apply for Canada permanent residency (PR) on February 2, 2023
Canada invited 3, 3000 Express Entry candidates to apply for Canada permanent residency in the first ever FSW specific draw.
The invitations were issued to the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores of at least 489.
- Number of invitations issued:3,300
- Rank required to be invited to apply:3,300 or above
- Date and time of round:February 02, 2023, at 15:12:01 UTC
- CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited:489
- Tie-breaking rule:March 29, 2022, at 16:09:00 UTC
The Express Entry system is Canada’s primary source of skilled foreign workers. It manages the profiles of candidates under three Federal High Skilled economic class immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class and Canadian Experience Class.
Each candidate is awarded a core score under Express Entry’s Comprehensive Ranking System based on factors that include age, education, skilled work experience and proficiency in English or French. This score determines their rank in the Express Entry pool.
A set number of highest-ranked candidates are then invited to apply for Canadian permanent residency through regular draws from the pool.
FSWP- This program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently.
1. Skilled work experience means that you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER categories:
- TEER 0
- TEER 1
- TEER 2
- TEER 3
2. Your skilled work experience must be-
- in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
- within the last 10 years
- paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
- at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
- full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
- equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
- You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
- full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Know your chances to immigrate to Canada under Express Entry!!
To find out if you’re eligible to immigrate to Canada under Express Entry, simply complete our FREE ASSESSMENT FORM! A member of the WWICS team will review your eligibility and contact you to discuss your options!