Ontario PNP Draw – March 24, 2022
Ontario invited 471 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian Permanent residency
The Canadian province of Ontario invited 471 Express Entry candidates to apply for provincial nomination in new immigration draw on March 24, 2022.
Invitations were issued to candidates under the Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
In order to receive an invitation in this draw, candidates needed to have a profile in the Express Entry system with a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score between 350 and 600. They were also required to have created profiles in IRCC’s Express Entry system between March 24, 2021 and March 24, 2022.
Ontario Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream
The Express Entry-linked Skilled Trades Stream allows the OINP to search Express Entry pool for Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC) candidates with work experience in an eligible trade and invite them to apply for provincial nomination for Canada PR.
In order to be eligible to apply under the Express Entry-linked Skilled Trades Stream, candidate must:
- be presently living in Ontario with a valid work permit at the time of application submission
- have at least one year full-time or the equivalent part-time work experience in Ontario in an eligible skilled trade
- have minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in English or in French in all language competencies
- 633 – Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers – retail and wholesale; Bakers
- 723 Machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades
- 724 Electrical trades and electrical power line and telecommunications workers
- 725 Plumbers, pipefitters and gas fitters
- 727 Carpenters and cabinetmakers
- 728 Masonry and plastering trades
- 729 Other construction trades
- 731 Machinery and transportation equipment mechanics (except motor vehicle)
- 732 Automotive service technicians
- 733 Other mechanics and related repairers
- 736 Train crew operating occupations
- 737 Crane operators, drillers and blasters
- 738 Printing press operators and other trades and related occupations not elsewhere classified
- 822 Contractors and supervisors, mining, oil and gas
- 823 Underground miners, oil and gas drillers and related occupations
- 824 Logging machinery operators
- 825 Contractors and supervisors, agriculture, horticulture and related operations and services
- 826 Fishing vessel masters and fishermen/women
Since the Skilled Trades Stream of OINP is Express Entry-aligned, candidates who obtain a provincial nomination receive additional CRS points, which effectively guaranteed them an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence through the next Express Entry draw.
Check your eligibility to immigrate to Canada under OINP!!
To find out if you’re eligible for immigration to Canada under OINP or any other PNP, simply complete our FREE ASSESSMENT FORM! A member of the WWICS team will review your eligibility and contact you to discuss your options to immigrate to Canada!