Canada’s Express Entry system has undergone a significant update that aims to target specific occupations and language skills. These category-based draws will invite Express Entry candidates who possess the necessary qualifications and experience in various sectors. In this article, we will focus on the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) sector category, which is of great interest to professionals in these fields. As the world’s largest immigration group, WWICS encourages STEM professionals to take advantage of this opportunity and apply for permanent residence in Canada.
Express Entry New Update:
Canada’s Express Entry system will now include category-based draws, which will select candidates based on specific criteria. These draws will consider factors such as language proficiency, work experience in designated occupations, and educational qualifications. This new approach will enable Canada to meet its economic goals by inviting high-ranking candidates who possess the skills and experience required in key sectors.
STEM Occupations Category:
The Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) sector is crucial for Canada’s innovation and economic growth. To be eligible for the STEM category in Express Entry, candidates must have accumulated at least 6 months of continuous work experience in a single occupation within the past 3 years. This work experience can be gained in Canada or abroad. The following are some of the 24 occupations included in this category:
- Civil Engineers
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Cyber security Specialists
- Engineering Managers
- Landscape Architects
- Software Engineers and Designers
- Web Designers
- Web Developers and Programmers
These are just a few examples, and there are many more occupations included in the STEM category. Candidates who possess the required qualifications and experience in these occupations have an excellent opportunity to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
To view the list, click here
Advantages of Category-Based Draws:
The introduction of category-based draws is a significant development for Express Entry. It allows the Canadian government to make the selection process more responsive to the country’s labor market needs. Prior to this update, candidates were primarily selected based on their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score and program type. The new system will enable targeted selection, ensuring that candidates with skills and experience in specific sectors, such as STEM, are given priority.
- Streamlined Process: Express Entry provides a fast and efficient pathway to permanent residence for skilled professionals. The system prioritizes candidates based on their qualifications, work experience, language proficiency, and other factors, ensuring a streamlined application process.
- Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS): In addition to the category-based draws, one of the significant benefits of the new Express Entry update is that it provides opportunities for professionals with lower Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores. While the CRS score remains an important factor in the selection process, the introduction of category-based draws means that individuals with lower scores still have a chance of being selected.
- Permanent Residence for the Whole Family: Successful candidates and their immediate family members are eligible for permanent residence, allowing them to enjoy the benefits of living and working in Canada. This includes access to high-quality healthcare, excellent education systems, and a high standard of living.
Contact WWICS Today:
If you are a STEM professional interested in immigrating to Canada, now is the perfect time to explore the opportunities offered through the new Express Entry update. WWICS, as the world’s largest immigration group, can provide you with comprehensive guidance and support throughout the application process. Our experienced team of immigration consultants will assist you in preparing a strong application that highlights your qualifications and ensures the best chance of success.
The new Express Entry update brings exciting prospects for STEM sector professionals looking to immigrate to Canada. With category-based draws, candidates with experience in occupations related to science, technology, engineering, and math can enhance their chances of receiving an invitation to apply for permanent residence.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity—get in touch with WWICS today to begin your journey towards a successful immigration process to Canada.