Canada’s Express Entry system has recently undergone an important update that brings good news for healthcare professionals seeking permanent residence in the country. In an effort to align the immigration process with the needs of the Canadian labor market, the government has introduced category-based Express Entry draws. These draws will specifically target candidates from various occupations, including those in the healthcare sector. In this article, we will explore the new selection categories revealed for Express Entry and focus on the opportunities it presents for healthcare professionals.
The New Express Entry Update:
Under the new category-based Express Entry draws, candidates will be invited to apply for permanent residence based on specific criteria. These criteria include the ability to communicate in a specific official language, work experience in a particular Training, Education, Experience, and Responsibilities (TEER) category of the National Occupational Classification (NOC), and education qualifications. The introduction of category-based rounds allows Canada to invite top-ranking candidates who can contribute to the country’s economic goals within specific sectors.
Healthcare Occupations Category:
One of the chosen categories for Express Entry draws in 2023 is healthcare occupations. This category presents an excellent opportunity for healthcare professionals looking to make Canada their new home. To be eligible, candidates must have accumulated at least 6 months of continuous work experience, either in Canada or abroad, within the past 3 years in a single occupation listed under the healthcare occupations category.
The healthcare occupations category encompasses a wide range of professions, including but not limited to:
- Dieticians and nutritionists
- General practitioners and family physicians
- Licensed practical nurses
- Massage therapists
- Nurse aides
- Nurse practitioners
And many others
To view the list, click here
This new category-based approach recognizes the importance of healthcare professionals in Canada’s rapidly growing healthcare industry. It aims to attract skilled individuals who can contribute to the country’s healthcare system, enhance patient care, and fill the existing gaps in the labor market.
Benefits of Express Entry for Healthcare Professionals:
The Express Entry system offers several advantages for healthcare professionals looking to immigrate to Canada:
- Streamlined Process: Express Entry provides a fast and efficient pathway to permanent residence for skilled professionals. The system prioritizes candidates based on their qualifications, work experience, language proficiency, and other factors, ensuring a streamlined application process.
- Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS): In addition to the category-based draws, one of the significant benefits of the new Express Entry update is that it provides opportunities for professionals with lower Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores. While the CRS score remains an important factor in the selection process, the introduction of category-based draws means that individuals with lower scores still have a chance of being selected.
- Permanent Residence for the Whole Family: Successful candidates and their immediate family members are eligible for permanent residence, allowing them to enjoy the benefits of living and working in Canada. This includes access to high-quality healthcare, excellent education systems, and a high standard of living.
This update is a game-changer for healthcare professionals aspiring to immigrate to Canada. It recognizes the importance of their skills and experience in meeting the country’s labor market needs. Even if your CRS score may not be as high as you would like, it is still worth applying, as the category-based draws prioritize specific occupations and language abilities.
Apply Today with WWICS
To take advantage of the new Express Entry update and explore opportunities in the Canadian healthcare sector, it is crucial to seek professional guidance and support. The world’s largest immigration group, WWICS, has a proven track record of assisting healthcare professionals in their immigration journey. With their expertise and experience, they can provide personalized advice, navigate the application process, and maximize your chances of success.
Don’t miss this opportunity to fulfill your dreams of living and working in Canada.
Get in touch with WWICS today and take the first step towards a rewarding career in the Canadian healthcare sector.