Portugal has been elected as the Best European Tourist Destination for the fourth consecutive year in the 2020 edition of the World Travel Awards.
In total, Portugal won 27 European awards across various categories, including the city of Porto named Best Destination City Break in Europe, Lisbon declared as the Best European Cruise Destination, and the Algarve named Europe’s Leading beach Destination.
These awards are yet another proof of the dedicated professionals throughout Portugal’s tourism industry and an acknowledgment that Portugal’s attributes remain intact even during this global health crisis.
As the world goes through the global health challenge of Coronavirus pandemic, Portugal’s stability and resilience has been put to the test. However, Portugal’s success in containing the first wave of COVID-19 and the relatively low mortality rate per capita have helped Portugal proving more resilient than many of other European nations.
Despite a relative slowdown, economic growth in Portugal has been expanding at a quite stable pace. Investment by foreign investors particularly in real estate remains a significant driver of the country’s economic growth all thanks to Portugal Government’s efforts to increase its investment program’s competitiveness and simplifying of the application process for foreign investors & businesspersons.
Portugal Golden Visa
Established in 2012, Portugal’s Golden Visa programme is one of the most popular investment schemes in Europe all thanks to investment flexibility and enormous benefits it offers.
An investment in real estate in Portugal grants successful applicants and their families including dependent children a residency permit, which allows them the right to live, work and study in Portugal.
PROPERTY INVESTMENT OPTIONS
Under the property investment option, the investor/main applicant can gain Portugal residency by investing under any of the following:
- Acquire a property of minimum €500,000 or more worth
- Acquire a minimum 30-year-old or refurbishing requiring urban property hotel project of minimum €350,000 worth
- Acquire a property in a lower-density areas at 20% reduced investment (€280,000)
- Source of funds: Source of funds should be legal
- Investment Duration: Maintain the investment for minimum 5 years
- Age: Applicant must be over 21 years
- Health: No serious medical conditions
- Education: No minimum education is required
- Criminal Record: Should not hold any criminal record
- Stay Requirement: Minimum 7 days each year on golden visa (1st year 7days-Ist renewal of 2 years =14days =2nd renewal =14days etc).
Benefits of obtaining Portugal Golden Visa
- Have security of a second residence in a safe and stable country
- Apply for the Portuguese citizenship after 5 years
- No need to live in Portugal to get the visa or citizenship
- No need to relocate. Need to spend just 7 days per year on an average in Portugal
- Freedom to travel throughout the Schengen zone
- Low rates of personal and corporate taxation
- Applicant can include his/her spouse and dependent children (below 18 or above 18 if proven still in full time studies) in the application
Do You Want To Get A Golden Passport? Connect With WWICS’ Experts!!
World’s Largest Immigration Group – WWICS brings to you a wonderful opportunity to invest into Real Estate or Government Bonds with finance options & secure golden residency in Portugal.
For more information, please contact our investment advisors in India, UAE, Canada, and Australia or fill this assessment form and our experts will get in touch with you shortly to guide you through your application process!!