Alberta invited 350 Express Entry candidates with CRS scores as low as 346 to apply for provincial nomination for Canada PR
The Canadian province of Alberta released details of its second immigration draw of the year held on January 18, 2022.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) invited a total of 350 Express Entry candidates, who may be eligible for a provincial nomination under its Alberta Express Entry stream, to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian Permanent residency.
Candidates were Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores of at least 346 in order to receive an invitation in this draw.
Express Entry candidates, who successfully receive a provincial nomination from Alberta, get additional 600 points toward their overall CRS scores. This gets them boosted to the top of the Federal Express Entry pool and receives an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Express Entry draws.
AINP – The Alberta Express Entry Stream
The Alberta Express Entry Stream of AINP allows the province to search and nominate a limited number of qualified candidates from IRCC’s Express Entry system.
Applicants need to meet the following assessment criteria to submit an application to the Alberta Express Entry Stream. The applicant must:
- have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool;
- meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs: Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades Program or Federal Skilled Worker Program;
- intend to and be able to live and work in Alberta;
- be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification;
- have a Comprehensive Ranking System score of at least 300
In addition, AINP generally gives preference to candidates, who have demonstrated strong ties to Alberta, such as:
- having a job offer and/or work experience in the province; or
- having a parent, child, or sibling who is a permanent resident or citizen in Alberta
International graduates from Canadian post-secondary institutions can also apply under this stream of AINP.
Find out if you are eligible for Canadian immigration!!
To find out if you’re eligible for immigration to Canada, simply complete our FREE ASSESSMENT FORM ! A member of the WWICS team will review your eligibility and contact you to discuss your options to immigrate to Canada!